Trainees cover the following topics:
- Use of electrical instruments such as multi-meters, Meggers, voltage testers and proving units.
- Electrical diagnostic tests on three-phase electric motors
- Identifying motors connected in both star and delta configurations
- Voltage measurements on three-phase and single-phase systems
- The proper and correct procedure for Electrical Isolation to do electrical work
- Construction of a Direct-on-line motor starter with 110volt controls,
- Testing and fault diagnosis,
- Construction of a reversing starter,
· Construction of a star-delta motor starter.
The emphasis of this course is on understanding industrial electrical systems and knowing the safe working techniques and practices when working on such systems.