Trainees cover the following topics:
- The correct methods for connecting control devices into circuits,
- Cable glanding and terminating in control panels.
- Further experience in fault diagnosis particularly with external plant mounted devices.
- Control circuit drawings: identifying components and their connection within circuits,
- Fault finding on control circuits.
- The disconnection and reconnection of various types of components,
- The testing of electrical systems involving controls,
· The removal and replacement of externally connected devices.
Candidates should have attended the Electrical courses (Modules E1 and E2a) or have had relevant experience proving that they can work safely within the training group.