- Foundation skills: Individuals will need to have foundation skills which underpin all essential digital skills:
- Communication – The skills required to communicate, collaborate, and share information.
- Handling Information and content – The skills required to find, manage and store digital information and content securely.
- Transacting – The skills required to register and apply for services, buy and sell goods and services, and administer and manage transactions online.
- Problem Solving– The skills required to find solutions to problems using digital tools and online services.
- Being safe and legal online – The skills required to stay safe, legal and confident online.
This will improve: Confidence, employability levels, and knowledge and understanding of the essential digital skills required to support employment opportunities and progression. The impact of this course will be that each young person will leave the programme with a renewed sense of confidence, certificated training and a better understanding about their goals and aspirations for their future and their career, as well as a good understanding of demonstratable knowledge of essential digital skills.
- Young people will be more aware of what digital skills are and able to apply these within applications to job vacancies and understand an employer’s willingness to reward job seekers equipped with specific digital skills.
- Each young person who completes the course will exit with certificates and supporting statement from the trainer.
- The supporting statement will cross reference to digital skills framework and specify criteria covered which will be valuable to prospective employers.