A career in social care offers long-term employment prospects, with opportunity for promotion and progression as well as job security. The aim of this programme is to offer an introduction to Health and Social Care in line with the Care Certificate, whilst gaining specific training accredited and non-accredited to support a young person’s CV and increase value to an employer.
- Day 1: Introduction to Health & Social Care, Safeguarding, Mental capacity Act (MCA) & DoLS.
- Day 2: Accredited First Aid
- Day 3: Autism, Epilepsy and Dementia.
- Day 4: Health & Safety, Food Safety, Infection Control and Personal Care.
This will improve:
Confidence, employability levels, and knowledge and understanding of the HSC Sector. The impact of this course will be that each young person will leave the programme with a renewed sense of confidence, accredited and certificated training and a better understanding about their goals and aspirations for their future and their career, as well as a good understanding of demonstratable knowledge in the area of HSC.
- Young people will be more aware of career opportunities within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Each young person who completes the course will exit with certificates and supporting statement from the trainer.
- The supporting statement will cross reference to the Care Certificate and specify criteria covered which will be valuable to prospective employers.
Support with applications for local jobs and further training