Website Hadlow College
Apprentice Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2
Sutton Valence School
To maintain and develop the school gardens and ornamental lawns to a high standard as directed by the Head Of Gardens.
Maintenance of the gardens to include:
- Lawn maintenance and hedge trimming
- Upkeep of plants and borders
- Propagation of plants in the school nursery
- Maintenance of hard surfaces to include spraying weeds and the upkeep of external furniture
- Management of wildlife and conservation areas and ponds
- Remedial work to trees on site
- Lawn renovation and repair and the use of fertilisers and selective weedkillers
About the employer
At Sutton Valence Preparatory School we pride ourselves on providing outstanding learning opportunities for all children. Well-qualified, dedicated and experienced teaching staff deliver a vibrant, diverse and challenging curriculum, with favourable staff:pupil ratios and superb facilities allow the children to make excellent academic progress.
Training to be provided
Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2 standard
Alongside the apprentice Standard in Horticulture & Landscape Operative Level 2 you will also receive on the job training from your work colleagues and work based mentor.
Functional Skills English and maths will also be offered as part of your programme and will be necessary should you need to upskill in one or both of these areas.
1 day per week college attendance will be required at Hadlow College TN11 0AL.
Horticulture and Landscape Operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2019
For more information email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org