Talent Match is a £108 million Big Lottery Fund investment in 21 Talent Match Projects in England aimed at helping long-term unemployed young people, aged 18-24, to gain employment across England. Its aim is to ensure that the skills and experience of the voluntary and community sector can be used to help tackle youth unemployment and it has been designed by young people, for young people.
Each project is led by a partnership of voluntary, public and private sector organisations and a panel of young people, that will deliver local employment solutions in response to local needs. It will work closely with local businesses to develop opportunities for young people to access jobs.
In the South East, we’re particularly focused on delivering locally relevant solutions in our key areas of highest unemployment. We’re focusing on specific areas within Essex, East Sussex and Kent because of the high proportion of unemployed young people living in those locations.
Kent: Medway, Swale, Thanet and Dover.
East Sussex: Hastings, Bexhill, Eastbourne.
Essex: Southend, Colchester, Thurrock, Harlow, Basildon and Tendring.
- The Prince’s Trust is the lead partner of Talent Match South East
- Specialist mentoring support is provided by CXK Limited in Kent, Southend YMCA in Essex and Tomorrow’s People in East Sussex.
- Volunteer mentoring support is provided by Prince’s Trust Talent Match Mentors.
- KATO will be working with local employers to support young people through work placements and ultimately sustained job outcomes.
- KATO are working with training providers to pilot innovative local skills programmes.